Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Science Day 2 and 3

We finished up 3 days of Halloween Science. Today was the highlight. We made fog using dry ice and warm water.  Then, I made it stop and a bubble emerged.  It was so cool!  The children screamed.  I thumped the bubble and it went "poof" and the smoke started again.

I started the dry ice in a vase.  In this pic I had just added some Dawn soap.  Watch the magic overflow.

Dry ice and warm water...ooh, spooky.

I slid a string over the bowl that had been soaking in Dawn soap and water.  Watch what happened.



 A huge bubble!!  I thumped it. It went "poof" and back to the smoke.

I was as excited as the kids.  We also made slimy worms.





As of today, I have received no phone calls from parents.  I asked one mom if her daughter had told her about our science.  She said her daughter had mentioned something about blood and hands, but she completely trusted me.  Thank goodness!

At the end of the day, we drew for winners of the human body parts.  And, every student took home two ghost eggs.

What a week!

I've recently finished a Thanksgiving Party Pack that includes some things that you might use at your Thanksgiving Feast or party.  Click the picture to check it out.



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Those are VERY cool experiments. I'll be posting about one we did, but it's not nearly as exciting :)

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...